Diet could be a powerful weapon in the fight against leukemia. It is important for patients to eat foods full of antioxidants that help fight cancer and keep the body strong, so they can keep fighting. A healthy diet is crucial for an individual who is receiving leukemia. Get tips on preparing nutritious meals and eating a healthy diet.
HEALTHY DIET TIPS
A healthy diet for someone with leukemia is pretty similar to a healthy diet for the general population.But with leukemia, it’s even more important to follow healthy eating guidelines, because leukemia treatment can make patients nauseated and reduce their appetites, interfering with their best intentions to eat well.
· AIM FOR 10 FRUIT AND VEGETABLES A DAY:Vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals in fruit and vegetables are known to combat cancer cells, and most Americans, particularly those with leukemia, need to consume more of them.
· MAKE PROTEINS A PRIORITY. The side effects of chemotherapy may include nausea and vomiting that take away some people’s appetite for meat, Sandquist suggests. But it is very essential for patients with leukemia to get protein because it will maintain them strong.
· STEAM YOUR VEGETABLES. You get the most nutrients out of them this way. And look for ways to add a little more to your plate. Try a stir-fry produced from a variety of peppers, and carrots; create a vegetable soup with spinach, saint leaf; and drink lightly.
· RELAX YOUR STOMACH. Chemotherapy has side effects, such as nausea, on your diet. Eating foods such as crackers and drinking ginger and other liquids. In particular, it’s a good idea to pass on spicy foods and caffeine to prevent stomach upset.
· EAT EVERY TWO OR FOUR HOURS. People with leukemia tend to lose weight due to loss of appetite and nausea, but it is very essential to keep weight to remain solid, Sandquist suggests. If it’s difficult to eat a large meal, eating tiny snacks or having meals every two to four hours can assist.
When you eat a healthy diet — and you get exercise, manage stress, and get enough sleep — you know you’re doing everything you can to combat the illness. Buy our meal plan today. Call healthboxes on 09091111129