Its been raining back to back in Nigeria and this season is common for Cold, Flu, Frequent Asthma episodes and pneumonia. We have helped you to combine each of this diseases and ways you can prevent them.
Pneumonia is an infection in your lungs that causes them to fill up with fluid. You can’t technically catch the infection, but you can catch the typically causing bacteria, viruses, or fungi.
Pneumonia symptoms can range from mild to severe. This relies on your risk variables and the sort of pneumonia that you have. Common symptoms are comparable to symptoms of cold or flu.
You can help prevent pneumonia by doing the following:
· Get the flu vaccine each year.
· Get the pneumococcal vaccine.
· Practice good hygiene.
· Don’t smoke.
· Practice a healthy lifestyle.
· Avoid sick people.
Cold or humid air can enter the airways and cause them to spasm, causing symptoms of asthmas such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and tightness in the chest.
Preventions of asthma include:
- Avoid dampened walls in your house.
- Prevent colds – Dress in layers and have regular hot drinks and food
- Carry your reliever inhaler with you at all times
- keep taking your regular preventer inhaler as prescribed by your doctor.
- Try breathing in through your nose instead of your mouth, to warm the air as you breathe it in.
- Clean up all the mould off your walls
- don’t forget to wear a dust mask when outside your house
- Stay indoors more in order to avoid getting wet
- Keep an eye on the weather forecast.
- Get your vaccinations
Influenza, or flu, is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu is highly contagious and is normally spread by the coughs and sneezes of an infected person.
A person can also catch flu by touching an infected person, for instance, by hugging or shaking hands.
Preventions of FLU Include:
· Dress in layers and wear a hat, gloves and scarf.
· Have regular hot drinks and food
· Keep as active as possible to boost your circulation.
· Don’t use alcohol to keep warm.
· Take pneumonia and flu vaccines
· Wash your hands before food.
· Exercise and get enough sleep.
· Stay away from sick people.